Here is a recording of my conversation with Charlotte, the rep. from a private Debt Collection Agency called GC Services (in Ohio) . The one that made 40K in Collection Costs in 2009.
Honestly, I liked speaking with Charlotte. Perhaps the feeling was mutual, or she was just being polite.
It is in 2 parts. I will follow up tonight with the other conversation, which is also in 2 parts. That one is the Conversation with LaToya.
I hope youse people will all be patient and listen to it all. Make some tea or coffee and sit back. Save it on realplayer too!
And enjoy my youtube channel. I collect a lot of Celtic and banjo music etc.
I kid you not! My student loans have ruined my life, and I have ended up Broke!
Again, for the uninitiated, here is how it works:
1. Any amount over 50K in Student Loans is unmanageable unless your salary is in the 100K range upon graduation.
2. The loan balance will increase over several years--you will not be able to prevent it-and you will feel stress and strife over that fact every single day.
3. Your credit will be destroyed as a result.
4. Now, with destroyed credit and a huge loan balance, you will be out of the decent paying job market forever, because prospective employees do check the credit score.
I look back on almost 20 years of stress and strife as I say, and with anguish over my ever having contemplated going to a lower tier law school.
Were I to be awarded a million dollars today, it would still not make up for all those sorrowful and lost years. My best years of my youth--wasted and indebted.
If you would like to have a look at my sock drawer, please do so. And my underwear briefs all have holes in them too!
The print in the background has the title: "Jesus Laughing" and I guess he probably is laughing at me by now. I don't know if that is a good, or a bad thing.
I purchased this print from a seller on e-bay a few years back. He was a very religious guy, and kept writing to me and preaching and trying to sell me stuff. So I finally asked him if I could come down and visit his church in the South, and if he would let me stay at his house while there, and loan me some money etc.
Well, he stopped writing to me after that.
And one time someone was curious abut the print and asked: "Who's that Rastafarian dude in the picture?" And I explained that it is, like I say, Jesus laughing.
Happy Valentines Day too from a guy who is divorced. Just another marriage broken up by student loans I guess you can say.
Days like this are miserable for me.
What kind of a future is left for me? Please someone tell me?
